Thursday, February 16, 2017

FlixelPix: From Lightroom to Instagram

Over the last few years I have been refining the number of social spheres on which I actively engage. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are my main sources of distraction. Although I have a mobile workflow using the Fujifilm wifi app the majority of my photographs pass through Lightroom CC on my laptop before being published.

In the past this was a bit of a pain, process the image, export from Lightroom and then email it to myself to get it on my phone. Then, from my phone I would eventually publish the image on Instagram, I have no doubt I was probably doing this the hardest, most awkward way possible.

From Lightroom to Instagram

I recently discovered a nifty little Lightroom Plugin that allows direct publishing from Lightroom to Instagram. The shareware plugin include the ability to caption and hashtag your images and it is both easy to use and install.

lightroom to instagram

Firstly, head over to the developer’s website (link at the bottom of this article) and download the plugin ZIP file. Next, extract the contents to your home directory or Lightroom folder. Now, open Lightroom and visit the ‘Plugin Manager’ this is available from the file menu, click ‘Add’ (bottom left)  and navigate to the directory where you extracted LRInstagram.lrplugin.

lightroom to instagram

Once installed the LRInstagram tab will now appear in the publishing tab. You will need to enter your username and password, (the plugin doesn’t accept Facebook authentication at this point). Once you have logged in you are ready to start publishing.

lightroom flixelpix

Drag any image on to the tab and it will appear in the ‘Unpublished’ window. As you can see the plugin allows the use of captions and hashtags from the metatab on the right hand side of the Lightroom interface. Once you have added the appropriate caption and hashtags click ‘publish’ and the plugin will do the rest.

The plugin is compatible with Adobe Lightroom CC, or LR 3.0 (or later), on Windows XP (or later) and Mac OS X 10.7 (or later). It’s a shareware release and the $10 + VAT registration fee is well worth the investment.

Also if you are a Lightroom user then you may be interested in the free Lightroom Presets section.

Links

Download the Plugin
Instagram

Please note: Plugin is used at your own risk.

From Lightroom to Instagram is a post from: FlixelPix All content copyright FlixelPix. Photo reproduction strictly by written permission only.



from FlixelPix http://ift.tt/2lMvixD
via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment